Here is what you need:
- 1 package of Oatmeal Cookie Mix (Or you can make it from scratch)
- 1 - 2 apples (This time I used Honeycrisp apples, but any apples you like would work)
- 1 stick of butter (In this particular Cookie Mix, I have also used Earth Balance Buttery Spread Sticks - it's Vegan but the cookies are just as amazing. In fact, they is not much difference in flavor!)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Parchment Paper (This is found on the same isle as aluminum foil)
- Baking Sheet
This is one of my favorite cookie mixes! I usually go from scratch, but sometimes the time just doesn't work out!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, (you may have to adjust it depending on where you live). Cut up the apples into a fine dice. If needed, you can squeeze a little bit of lemon on the apples to keep them from browning too quickly, but it's not necessary.
2. If using the package mix, dump it in the bowl and following the instructions on the pack, adding the butter and egg. Mix the batter until it is moistened. Add in the apples and stir until the apples are well incorporated.
3. Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet. (I use parchment paper for all my cookie endeavors!) Bake the cookies in the oven just as it instructs on the package. These cookies spread s give them some baking space! I prefer a softer cookie so I bake it at about 8 - 9 minutes, the lowest recommended baking time. The apples will also keep them soft and very moist!
4. Take the cookies out and let them rest for a minute or two. I know it will be tempting to taste, but it's good to let them cool.
5. Finally! Savour the wonderful creation you just made! Look at all of those nooks and crannies!